Friday, February 4, 2011

Today was no CAKE WALK!


I had surgery yesterday and learned something about myself today.
I am allergic to Codeine which I was taking for pain.
Imagine my surprise when I woke up with what looked like a really bad sunburn all over my face, blurry and sometimes double vision, and super itchy. I called the Dr.'s office and they told me I could go to the Emergency Room. Well as you can imagine I thought that might be a little overboard and I didn't want to give them 200.00 for them to tell me to take benadryl and discontinue the medicine. Luckily, I didn't have to and I got a new pain medicine that actually works without any crazy side effects.
My sweet husband deserves a medal of honor for providing top notch care. He really meant it when he said in sickness and in health. If I get up to do something he tells me to go lay down and let him get it for me. While taking care of me he is also taking care of Maddi who is getting over the flu and playing with Hunter.
A huge thanks to my family and friends for checking on me and offering to help.
Much Love,
Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment